As a family business, we feel it is our responsibility to support our local community and support causes that align with our values.
Here are some of the charitable initiatives we have been and continue to be a part of:
- We are a corporate sponsor of Jigsaw4U, the charity that provides young people and families in London and Surrey with services such as essential bereavement counselling and supporting those affected by crime and domestic abuse. As well as a corporate donation, we also hold many fundraising events throughout the year, from quizzes and bake sales, to puzzleathons and triathlons. We also provide Christmas gifts for the children supported by Jigsaw4U.
- We provide work experience to those who really need the opportunity. We’ve worked with Sutton Youth Offending Scheme and Jigsaw4U and are delighted to give adults and young people the chance to work as part of a team and to develop key skills that can help them get back into the workplace.
- Following the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, saw a huge surge in demand for our jigsaw puzzles and board games, as people were searching for a pastime that could occupy the mind during isolation. We donated over 1000 puzzles to charities including Age UK, Stripey Stork and Dementia Concern, as well as several care homes.
- In 2018, we developed our Piecing Together collection of extra-large jigsaw puzzles to provide those living with dementia a fun activity. During the April-June 2020 national lockdown, we donated all profits made from our Piecing Together jigsaw puzzle collection to Samaritans. The charity was selected because they provide emotional support to anyone who is in distress, struggling to cope, or at risk of suicide. The COVID crisis is the biggest challenge they have ever faced, so the donation will help them continue to provide aid even after the coronavirus pandemic.
- To show our support for key workers, we created our Rainbow Heroes jigsaw puzzle, which celebrates and thanks the people who have been so important throughout the pandemic. For every jigsaw that is sold, we are donating £2 to the charity, Samaritans.
- We are annual supporters of the Toy Trust Christmas Card Initiative
- We are the official sponsors of several national jigsaw puzzle festivals. Our support helps them raise money for their local communities.
And we believe there is more we can do. Watch this space for more news on how Gibsons is giving back…
If you are part of a charitable initiative that you think we would like to be involved with, please drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org