Be the First to Experience Gibsons’ Re-Release of Francis Tresham’s Strategic Game, Civilization
7th February 2018
Gibsons, the independent jigsaw puzzle and board game company, are hosting a launch night on Friday 2nd March to celebrate the re-release of the classic strategy game, Civilization.
Designed by legendary games inventor Francis Tresham and originally published in 1980, Civilization is a board game that pits players against each other in their quest to lead a nation to the pinnacle of development.
Although the rules stay true to Francis Tresham’s original, the 2018 edition of Civilization has had some aesthetic improvements. The game features enhanced artwork, a reworked box and a redesigned rules booklet – all of which are produced at the high quality expected from Gibsons. The components and player mats too have received a makeover, while very much maintaining the feel of the 1980s original.
The launch night will be the first opportunity for Civilization enthusiasts to experience the board game redesign, and there will be the chance to win a copy of the brand-new game. Hosted at the fantastic board game café, The Library Pot in Richmond, entry costs just £5 on the door which includes a drinks token and the first 25 guests will receive a Gibsons Goody Bag.
Guests are welcome to play the game with friends from 6pm and can take part in the Civilization Contest, which will run from 7pm-10pm. Players will spend the three hours leading their nation to advancement and the player who leads their nation the furthest, will win a copy of the new game along with several other treats!
For more information contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• The Civilization Launch Party will be held at The Library Pot on Friday 2nd March 2018. Doors open at 6pm.
• Entry costs £5 on the door, however guests can book a table online via The Library Pot website.
• Everyone is welcome to participate in the Civilization Contest, however Gibsons recommend that players only compete if they have already played Civilization and are familiar with the strategic game mechanic. Other copies of the game will be available for those who wish to play, but not compete.
• Civilization will be on sale for £30 (25% off RRP) at the event, cash & cards are accepted.
• Guests will receive 1 drinks token per entry
• www.librarypot.uk - firstname.lastname@example.org - 07930 332 688
• The Library Pot, 86 Kew Road, Richmond, TW9 2PQ
• The launch night will run from 18:00-22:00, however The Library Pot is open 17:00-23:00.
• Get involved with the celebrations using the hashtag, #CivLaunchParty