The Gibsons website was commissioned and is owned by Gibsons.
The Gibsons website wants to ensure that the site is a safe and enjoyable place for all. We are committed to protecting and respecting your personal information and will keep the information you entrust to us safe and secure. If you have any queries relating to the security of your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8661 8866.
Why we collect information?
The Gibsons website has full information on all our products. By signing up and opting into our newsletter you will receive the very latest information relating to Gibsons and its product releases. We will also invite your feedback on our products, as we want to continue to produce the best products. This information will only be used to improve our product range and will not be shared. Our website is not transactional, and we will never ask for your debit or credit card details.
Disclosing information to others
The Gibsons website will never sell or share your personal information with third parties unless it is required to fulfil another function, to which you have consented to.
We employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf, including sending e-mails (Dotmailer) and analysing data (Google Analytics) . We will ensure that these companies only use such information under our direction to perform these functions, and that they have adequate procedures in place to deal with your data securely. We will only contact you if you have opted into to our e-mails and we will only use your information to ensure that you are receiving a tailored e-mail that is right for you and suits your interests.
To find out more about clearing browser cookies read the following guides.
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/10607/microsoft-edge-view-delete-browser-history
General website traffic
The Gibsons website tracks the number of visits to our site. All information gathered in this way is generic, and we do not track any individual users from this, but only calculate how many visits have taken place.
All product reviews submitted on this website will be reviewed by our moderator and we reserve the right to refuse to publish should we feel this is necessary.
Competition Terms & Conditions
We run regular competitions both on our website, social media, email campaigns and with leaflets distributed inside our puzzles. These comply with the below terms and conditions:
- Competitions are open to all UK residents, except for employees of Gibsons, their families, or anyone else who is professionally associated with the competition.
- All our competitions either has a specified end date or are monthly and the closing date is end of working day, the last day of each month.
- Proof of sending post/e-mail/SMS, making a phone call or completing an online entry, is not proof of our receipt of your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged.
- All eligible entries received by the closing date have an equal chance of winning. Entries not submitted in accordance with the rules or incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified.
- Competitions are open to customers and non-customers. No purchase is necessary.
- If the competition consists of a prize draw, this will take place on the first of each month and winners will be formally notified by post within 28 days of the closing date, unless otherwise stated.
- Gibsons' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If the prize that has been previously stipulated is no longer in stock, a suitable alternative will be offered. There is no cash alternative and prizes cannot be transferred to any other person.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose the competition without prior notice.